WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT
Before your visit
- Please eat a little snack/meal about 1-2 hours prior to your treatment so that your stomach is not too empty or too full.
- Please abstain from vigorous exercise, overexertion, drugs or alcohol on the day of your treatment.
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- Please do not brush your tongue on the morning of your treatment.
During your visit
- If you have any questions, please ask! We will do our best to answer them.
- Please be prepared to answer all aspects of your health. It is important to get an overall view of your body’s health in order to understand your present condition. This will help us assess your constitutional pattern and create the most effective treatment plan for you.
- We will perform any necessary physical exams and check your vitals as well as your tongue and pulse.
- According to our diagnosis of your condition, specific acupuncture points will be chosen to rebalance your body. Needles will be retained about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Recommendations for follow-up treatments will be based on your response to the treatment. Also, dietary or lifestyle recommendations may be suggested according to your constitutional pattern.
After your visit
- Please try to rest. Patients often feel relaxed after the treatment. Please try to avoid any vigorous activities for the day.
- Drink warm water or herbal tea and avoid caffeinated beverages.